Our Terms and Conditions
1. Unless otherwise stated, all goods supplied are on a hire basis only and title remains with Dress It Yourself Ltd and its associated companies (Platinum Raspberry and The Dream Wedding Company). All hereafter known as The Company.
1a). Booking on the website does not guarantee that the items are available. Please email first to check availability email@example.com
2. The Client – is the person named on the booking form. The Client takes full responsibility for the goods under the following terms and conditions.
3. The Hire Period – is for a maximum of five days, with goods available for collection or dispatch 2 days prior to the event. For weekend events the earliest collection is the Thursday prior to the event date. This can be extended at the
Company’s discretion and with prior agreement for which a charge may be levied. (This will be noted clearly on your booking form). All goods MUST be returned by the following Monday after a weekend event or by the 5th day of hire.
The day after the 5th day hire, will be the 6th day. Upon the 6th day this will start a new hire period of five days for which the full hire value of original signed booking form will be charged. On the 14th day after the original hire period, if the goods have not been returned the hire period will stop and it will be deemed that you wish to purchase the goods at full retail value. A charge will be taken from your credit / debit card – details of which will be held by the Company at the time of booking.
4. Securing a Booking / Payment: For orders of, or under £250 the full balance is payable upon booking. For orders over £250 a 20% non-refundable deposit will be required to secure a booking. Until the booking form and the Terms and Conditions Agreement (signed or virtually signed by the Client) and deposit is received back to the Company then no booking will be deemed to have been made.
The balance is payable ONE full calendar month before the event date. If a booking is cancelled more than three months in advance then no more is payable but the deposit will not be refunded, if a booking is cancelled within three
months then see the cancellation terms below, paragraph 5. These monies can be used against a future booking with The Company within 12 months if the event is only postponed.
DRESS IT YOURSELF LTD and ITS ASSOCIATED COMPANIES WILL NOT ATTEND, SUPPLY OR PROVIDE ANY GOODS OR SERVICES IF THE FULL BALANCE HAS NOT BEEN PAID IN FULL.
PAYMENT ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT IS NOT ACCEPTED.
5. Order Changes / Cancellation or Reduction of Hire Goods: Reductions in the quantities of hire goods within one month of the event date will not be refunded. Additions to hire goods quantities are subject to availability at the time of
request only and not guaranteed. The client will pay a non-refundable deposit of as detailed in the package quotation at the time of order. In the event of the client making a full cancellation, or cancellation of any individual items within
the quote, the following charges will apply: Cancellation 3 calendar months before the event date 30% of the last quotation Cancellation between 14 and 28 days before the wedding date – 50% of the last quotation Cancellation less than 14 days before the wedding date – 100% of the last quotation The Company will endeavour not to make any changes to your event plans without your prior consent. However, if we
are forced to make changes due to unforeseen circumstances / lack of availability, we will discuss this with you
6. Delivery / Collection of Hire Goods: Glass products CANNOT BE COURIERED and are hired on a collection basis only if supplied as DIY hire. If glassware is booked along with other goods and venue dressing services where the Company will be setting up and attending the event, glassware can be delivered to the event along with all other hired products and services, this will be clearly stated on the Client’s booking form and all details agreed by both the Client
7. Courier Collections Returns: All hire goods suitable for courier delivery must be organised by the Client. Any courier company used by the Client must be guaranteed, insured and have a tracking number. Goods are to be booked on a next day courier service and notice given to the Company of the date of courier collection and return. See paragraph 3. Hire Period for the available collection and return times. Couriered returns from the Client must reach the Company
by the 6th day of hire. In the event of delays in transit proof of dispatch will be required in order to levy any charges for late return of goods. The Client understands that hired goods are sent by courier at their own risk, therefore any loss or damages to the hired goods caused in transit are charged at the full retail value. All items received back via an independent courier will be checked whilst in the presence of the courier driver. Any breakages will be noted as such
at that time on the manifest and charged accordingly. All disputes and/or claims regarding loss or damage of hire goods in transit remain between the Client and the Courier Company used by the Client.
8. Liability: The Client is solely responsible for the Hired Goods not the reception / event venue / hotel / florist or any other third party to whom the Client has entrusted the Hire Goods. The Client alone shall be responsible for ensuring the Hired Goods are kept in good order from the time of despatch from the Company until back into the possession of the Company. Therefore, if the Client intends to leave Hired Goods anywhere other than in the Client’s possession before or after the event an agreement of a good provision of storage must be made and organised direct with the hotel or third party by the Client and does so at their own risk.
If the Client intends to leave directly after the event finishes e.g. Honeymoon, the Client must organize the take down, re-packaging and return of all hired goods prior to the event, nominating a third party to act on their behalf, the contact
names, addresses and telephone numbers should be made known the Company so that the goods can be located after the event. The Client will still be fully responsible for the hired goods even when dealt with by a third party.
9. Wear & Tear: The Client understands that The Company’s items are in good working order but are not in “as new” condition. The Client and/or their nominated third party will be asked to sign the terms and conditions before leaving The Company’s property. Once the hired items have left The Company’s premises we deem the hire period to have begun and the hire items satisfactory and fit for purpose. We will NOT entertain complaints made after the items have been returned.
10. Collections: Collections must be inspected at the Company’s premises; hired goods must be checked against the booking form before being taken. The hire goods stated on the booking confirmation will be prepared, cleaned and checked by the Company, but it is the responsibility for the Client to check the items on the order as any shortages, breakages or incorrect items cannot be clarified or rectified after the Client has left the premises with the goods. The Company will not be liable after this time and no refunds will be given if the notification time is not adhered to.
11. Packaging: All goods are provided packaged in boxes / bags. Therefore all goods must be re-packaged in THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING provided ready for collection / return. A charge will be made for non-return or damage of original boxes and packaging usually around £20-£30 per box. This covers the cost of the Company having to get boxes specially made to be able to store and re-hire these items.
12. Candelabras: Wire must not be used as it will scratch the Candelabras. Candelabras can be returned dirty with any wax residue that may have occurred during the event, DO NOT SCRATCH WAX OFF CANDELABRAS WITH ANY TOOLS OR IMPLEMENTS – this will scratch the candelabras if you must, only use boiling hot water to remove wax.
13. Feather Centrepieces: Feather centrepieces are supplied by the Company in a set package consisting of 20 feathers, 80cm glass lily vase, crystal gel, E’luminator LED uplighter base, foam holder with cup, weight and 1 submersible floralyte. This makes up one centrepiece, therefore ALL these items need be returned to the Company in their entirety.
Any missing or damaged feathers are charged at £5 each to replace if feathers are found to be missing upon breakdown of the event or on return to the shop if hired on a DIY basis. The Client is responsible for the feathers after the Company
has left the venue / site after an on-site set up prior to the event, during the event and after the event, until the hired goods are back in the Company’s possession. The Client must ensure guests and/or staff do not dismantle the
centrepiece or take any part or all of the centrepiece off the event venue site. The feather centrepieces are priced for HIRE only and not for purchase.
14. Glassware: Glassware must be handled with care; vases should not be lifted by the lip of the vase but with two hands at the base. Hired glassware is the responsibility of the Client from the time the hired items leave the premises of the Company until it is returned back to the Company; therefore glassware in transit is still the responsibility of the Client.
If the Company has delivered and provided glassware direct to a venue or household the Client is responsible for the goods after delivery and set up by the Company until the hired goods have been collected from the venue or household by the Company. The Company will not accept the any other glassware product that is not stated on the booking confirmation as a replacement of any damaged hired glassware.
15. Candles: Dress It Yourself Ltd and its associated companies does not take responsibility for any damage or fire caused by candles provided for any hire bookings, candles sold or provided for an on-site set up, permission must be sought
by the Client from the venue to use candles. Candles must not be left unattended and should be extinguished at the end of the evening.
16. Backdrops / Draping: Damage to the backdrops such as rips and tears will result in a full replacement of the section damaged. Excessive stains from food or drinks will be subject to a cleaning fee of £100, should any stains not come out of the backdrop curtains after cleaning, a fee to replace the curtain will result up to the value of that section, in the event of this occurring, an invoice from the supplier will be provided for the cost of replacement and the damaged curtain will be available for inspection by the Client. The same applies for the plain draping and swaging. Non-return of backdrops will result in a replacement charge of £500 for 3m x 3m section.
17. Chair Covers: Chair covers hired on a DIY basis are supplied washed ironed (except stretch lycra) and folded into linen bags which MUST BE RETAINED for return transit. If Dress It Yourself Ltd and its associated companies, are delivering and collecting DIY chair covers no fitting will be carried out by the Company, chair covers /sashes are to be taken off the chairs at the end of the event evening and put back into linen bags provided ready for collection, if Dress It Yourself Ltd and its associated companies, arrive on site for a DIY collection and covers have not been taken off by the Client the Client will be charged a labour fee of 50p per cover for removal by the Company.
Changes in quantity for chair covers will not be accepted after one month prior to the event date – the date of order
finalisation and settlement. By prior agreement the Company may add quantities subject to availability. No refunds will
be given for quantities pre-ordered and not required on the day of the event. Chair covers damaged beyond laundry /
ripped / torn or burned will be charged at £20 per cover for linen and £7 per cover for lycra and the linen will be available
for inspection if requested.
18. Non Returns / Damaged Goods: The Client will pay for any non-returns, damaged goods or breakages howsoever caused at FULL RETAIL VALUE. Details of the retail value of Hired Goods will be given on request at the time of booking for the Client’s own information. The Company will take details of the Client’s credit or debit card and a pre-authorisation fee on the Client’s credit card to cover any costs incurred due to damage or non-returns. Hired goods will be checked upon return and a charge will be made from the given credit or debit card the same day for any non-returns or damages of hired goods found at that time.
All packaging, bags and boxes MUST be kept and returned in good condition. The loss / damage of these boxes will incur a replacement charge, usually around £20-£30 per box. This covers the cost of the Company having to get boxes specially made to be able to store and re-hire these items.
19. Deliveries: Deliveries and collections by courier can only be made to a residential address provided by the Client. Deliveries will not be sent direct to a venue or collections from a venue as all goods require to be checked upon receipt.
Deliveries must be inspected upon receipt. Any shortages, breakages or incorrect items must be notified to the Company within six hours (same day) of receipt. This enables us to put things right in good time. No claims for breakages, loss or incorrect items can be entertained beyond this time period. The Company will not be liable after this time and no refunds will be given if the notification time is not adhered to.
20. Collections: Collections must be inspected at the Company’s premises; hired goods must be checked against the booking form before being taken. The hire goods stated on the booking confirmation will be prepared, cleaned and checked by the Company, but it is the responsibility for the Client to check the items on the order as any shortages, breakages or incorrect items cannot be clarified or rectified after the Client has left the premises with the goods. The Company will not be liable after this time and no refunds will be given if the notification time is not adhered to.
21. Liability: The Company shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from any Hired Goods from Dress It Yourself Ltd or its associated companies.
22. Insurance: The Company has advised the client to take out personal wedding insurance and does not accept responsibility if the client chooses not to do this.
23. Meetings: Dress It Yourself Ltd and its associated companies reserve the right to judge how much time should be spent on face to face meetings. After the second face to face meeting a charge of £25 per meeting may apply.
24. Sub-Contractor: The organiser reserves the right to pass on the personal details of the Client to sub-contractors who are directly involved with the Client’s event. These details may be kept on a database for future reference. The client agrees to comply with all the terms and conditions of Dress It Yourself Ltd and its associated companies subcontractors. Copies of these contracts are available upon request.
25. Force Majeure: Whilst every effort will be made by the Company to complete any orders, they cannot be held liable for non-completion of orders due to matters beyond their control.
I declare that I am the Client and that I have read and agree to these terms and conditions of hire. I can confirm that I have
provided photo identification with home address as proof of identity as the person named on this agreement.
Print Name: ……………………………………………………
Credit / Debit Card Details for Security Deposit
Card Number: – – –
Name on Card:
Start: / Expiry: /
Registered Credit/Debit Card Address: